To meet the Jeff Davis Parish school registration requirements the parent/guardian must provide the following documents for each child to the designated school registration personnel.
- Proof of Custody (if child in not living with biological parents) * The custody document must be signed by a judge and must name the applicant as the physical, custodial, or domiciliary parent.
- A birth certificate
- Proof of residence (2 forms): a current utility bill (electric,gas, water) in parent/guardian's name * If renting, a copy of the lease
- A social security card (if available)
- Student's withdrawal form from previous school, as well as last report card
- Immunization records
- All documentation for additional services needed: Special Education (IEP), 504 accommodations (IAP), medical needs, legal issues, etc.
Proof of Income –Documentation for ONE of the following:
Two (2) consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for the current year (within 2 months from the date of filling out this application OR
An official letter from your employer stating all of the following:
- Where parent/guardian is employed
- Hourly rate of pay
- The average number of hours parent/guardian works per week OR
SNAP/Food Stamps – must include the child’s name and valid effective dates OR
A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits, which must be accompanied by two current check stubs OR
Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS OR
Parents unemployed must submit a letter of support and income documentation from support source OR
Families in a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship (homeless form)