The purpose of the Parent Center is to assist parents in working more effectively with their children at home and to encourage positive home-school relationships.
Goals for Parental Involvement
- To inform parents of the availability of Title I programs.
- To support the efforts of parents to work with their children at home.
- To train parents to work with their children on skills required for promotion.
- To consult with parents on an ongoing basis and give parents a feeling to partnership in the education of their children.
- To provide a wide range of opportunities for parental participation in the design of the Title I Program.
- To ensure opportunities for full participation of parents with language differences or who lack literacy skills.
·The Parent Center serves parents of Pre-K through 5th grade students.
·Materials, equipment and information are provided to families free of charge. (Home delivery is available to families without transportation.)
·The center offers electronic games, books, videos, cassettes, puzzles, manipulative, bingo and board games, flashcards, worksheets and other educational materials.
·Two parent liaisons are available to parents and schools to facilitate open lines of communication between home and school.
· Assistance with understanding state testing and test results are available as well as practice test items.
· A Title I online newsletter "Today's Tips for Parents" with daily updates accessible through our website.