Purpose of the Parent Center:
The purpose of the Parent Center is to assist parents in working more effectively with their children at hoe and to encourage positive home-school relationships.
Goals for Parental Involvement:
- To inform parents of the availability of Title 1 programs.
- To support the efforts of paents to wwork with their children at home
- To train parents to work with their children on skills required for promotion.
- To consult with parents on an ongoing basis and give parents a feeling to partnership int he education of their children.
- To provide a wide range of opportunitites for parental participation int he design of the Title 1 Program.
- To ensure opportunities for full participation of parents with language differences or who lack literacy skills.
- The Parent Center serves parents of Pre-K through 5th grade students.
- Materials, equipment and information are provided to families free of charge. (Home delivery is available to families without transportation.)
- The center offers electronic games, books, videos, cassettes, puzzles, manipulatives, bingo and board games, flashcards, worksheets, and other other educational matierlas.
- Two parent liasions are available to parents and schools to facilitate open lines of communication between home and school.
- Assistance with understanding state testing and test results are avilable as well as practice test items.
- A title 1 online newsletter, “Today’s Tips for Parents”, with daily updates accessible through out website.