Jefferson Davis Parish
Child Welfare & Attendance
203 E. Plaquemine Street
Jennings, LA 70546
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (School Hours)
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Summer Hours)
- To assure every child the opportunity to attend school regularly
- To supervise the maintenance of child accounting system that will provide information for local schools and agencies, including the Department of Education.
- To verify addresses and monitor Jeff Davis Parish school zones in accordance with board policy.
- To work with schools for identification of children with problems in the areas of absenteeism and other conditions which may have an adverse effect upon the child's education.
- To serve as liaison between schools, parents, courts, and community agencies.
It is our desire that the multitude of services coordinated by this office are efficient and professional and assist students to complete their education successfully!